Monthly Mixtape: April
They Say It’s Your Birthday
Since last months theme was a little on the nose with songs about the end of the world, I decided to go with a more light-hearted theme. This month’s mixtape is dedicated to my dad. Due to the shelter-at-home order, I will not be seeing him for his 70th birthday. Instead I am putting together a playlist of some of his favorite music from his teenage years. My dad formed my early music taste through his love of the flower power era.
Appropriately the Beatles, with their message of peace and love, are his favorite band. Not every song sticks to the 60s, as the 70s and 80s make an appearance. My dad is proud of his Mexican American identity, and the list includes artists to represent this. Happy birthday, dad.
I am currently out of ink in my printer, so this will be updated with a picture at a later time. In the meantime, here is the list of the tracks.
- The Beatles – Birthday
- The Beach Boys – Wouldn’t It Be Nice?
- Creedence Clearwater Revival – Bad Moon Rising
- The Zombies – Time of the Season
- Buffalo Springfield – For What It’s Worth
- The Beatles – Revolution
- The Archies – Sugar, Sugar
- The Byrds – Turn! Turn! Turn!
- King Harvest – Dancing in the Moonlight
- The Temptations – Ain’t Too Proud to Beg
- ? and the Mysterians – 96 Tears
- Ritchie Valens – La Bamba
- Santo & Johnny – Sleepwalk
- Los Carlos – Pideme La Luna